Wednesday 11 July 2012

International day

So yesterday was international day at my daughters school. This is where parent and child walk around the school, going into the different classrooms,and in each class is information about the various different countries. Its loads of fun for parent and child, I have tried to go every year.
But looks like this year, was a bad idea from the moment I woke up, I could feel my chest was heavy and sore, I should really of just stayed where I was, but I knew my girl would be disappointed if I did not go with her. This is the real part of this illness that I hate, I always try my best to do things with my family although this illness means I have to always fight.
I managed to go to the school, although I was walking a little slow. We did manage to walk around and saw things from 7 commonwealth countries. There was music, food, activities lots to keep us occupied, i could see she had fun.

The real problem came when we had to walk back home, I live on a hill, and it takes forever for me to climb, and this was goona be tough. When we got home I was soaked after the walk, if you had seen the state I was in you would of thought I ran a marathon. I climbed onto my bed, took my meds (which did not help), had to talk some of the hard stuff. Sometimes I forget that I have this illness only for a little while, normally just enough for me to think I can do as I please.

Costochondritis always reminds me whose really in charge,and it normally ain't me. Well at least this time, my girl and I had a good time for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Thats the worst bit, it dies down for a bit so you start doing things normally. Then BAM, you are not going to move without pain for a week or two.

    ReplyDelete